Boost your protein intake with this fast and healthy high-protein chicken stir-fry.
Makes 4 servings
For the stir-fry:
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 cups organic snow peas, sliced in half crosswise
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped
- 1 organic red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 large organic carrots, sliced
- 2 organic celery sticks, sliced
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Pinch of sea salt
- Juice of half an organic orange
- 2 8 oz. grilled chicken breasts, sliced
- Cooking spray
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- In a small bowl, stir together the rice vinegar, water, ginger, and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Heat a small skillet to medium-high, and toast the sesame seeds until golden. Set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick wok with cooking spray. Heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
- Add garlic, red pepper, celery, carrots, and 3 tablespoons of water. Sauté on medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Stir in the rice vinegar, water, ginger, and soy sauce mixture. Add pineapple and snow peas. Sauté for another 2 minutes. Reduce heat and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Place on plates and top with chicken and sesame seeds. Serve.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 225 calories, 29.4g protein, 21g carbohydrates, 11g sugar, 4.2g fiber, 3g fat